Back to the Beginning

Back to the Beginning
San Fran 2011

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hello all. We were more low key this weekend since Anne had a long work week and I didn’t get much sleep upon hearing that the Panthers extended Jake Delhomme’s contract through 2014 following the epic stink-bomb against the Cardinals (kidding – sort of). That said, there was great weather in the city.

After making time for a trip to the UK’s version of Bed, Bath and Beyond, Saturday’s highlight was dinner at Fakhreldine in Mayfair with Jignesh (a senior manager at E&Y that Anne worked with in Charlotte) and Kat (I think it’s with a K). Yes, we are becoming connoisseurs of Lebanese cuisine (when in doubt, go with the schwarma). Being the quintessential Lebanese restaurant, the belly dancer arrived promptly at 10:30 PM. Anne and the cocktails she’d imbibed apparently felt that the aforementioned dancer shouldn’t have to rock out alone.

Sunday morning, we grabbed Starbucks and posted up right outside the gates of Buckingham Palace to watch the end of the London marathon with Jess C. and the Iliffs. The weather was perfect, though the men’s and women’s races were blow-outs. Since the races weren’t close, I was hoping that the rumoured (pretentious spelling I know) attempt of the Tamil Tiger sympathizers to impact the race would lead to someone trying to tackle an exhausted runner near the finish line, but no such luck. As a group, we decided that the marathoners had burned enough calories for us to go and drink beer and eat chips (fries) at our local pub, the Beauchamp. Anne and Jess did a bit of shopping (sorry ladies, you will have to ask Anne for details) in the PM, while I took a nap / worked / tracked the NFL draft online.

We promise a more exciting update after Amsterdam next weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment