Back to the Beginning

Back to the Beginning
San Fran 2011

Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Christmas Tree Adventure

Our Christmas tree:-)  Yes, a Little Charlie Brown - but it smelled lovely!  We didn't arrive back from Dubai until the 30th. So the morning of the 1st we opened Christmas gifts!!!
 Our stockings hung from the 'chimney' from care :-)  (Frances made these and they had to come with us to London!!!)


So after opening our Christmas gifts it was time to get rid of the tree....this was going to be a difficult task because the tree was huge (it was brought in all wrapped up) and it was shredding like crazy. So Burr first had the wonderful idea to cut the bottom branches off, throw them away and then he could take it down the stairs....all I could see was me using our(terrible) Dustbuster up 60 stairs for the rest of the day trying to clean up..... So he finally picks up the tree (I have wrapped it the best possible) and he goes 3 feet and says its not possible - we are going to scratch the walls, etc. etc.  So DING DING DING - we think the window! Its perfect....we should shove the tree out the window.  But then our 'accountant hats' came on and we thought no, it could land on something and we could get in huge trouble.  So we debate for quite a while the pro's and con's and finally we decide ok I will go down to the street and make sure its clear -doesn't hit anyone etc etc.

So I am down on the street some people pass, they don't even glance up 3 floors to 4 feet of a Christmas tree hanging out the window. I wait till they pass, check the cars and yell "OK NOW" - and here comes our 5 foot tree landed with a thump on the sidewalk, see the "dead tree outline" below.

And I am sure this is the most daring and exciting thing 2 married accountants will do for the next 363 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment