Hola! I am dying to go to Spain all of the sudden and the plane tickets are not cheap! Well, cheap relative to flying from the UK at least. This weekend was super fun. Friday night I had girls night and Burr did guys’ night with David. Jessica Coniglio was in town visiting so I went to Trader Vic’s with the 2 Jess’s. I have to say the food was not very delicious but that may have been caused by the fact that they waiter was TERRIFIED I was allergic to peanuts.
Story: So we finally sit down at our table, after having been shunned to the cocktail lounge and forced to drink tequila sunrises! As we sit down I tell the waiter I’m allergic to peanuts, to which he responds “SALAD!” – and I’m thinking “I’m sorry, I cannot only eat salad for dinner I have to eat it for lunch everyday!” I cannot really understand what he is saying with his Chinese accent but he finally understands that he can feed me some nachos and fish (or something) for dinner. So the next thing I know Mr. Chinese man is back by my side with a tiny little plate full of 1 inch size crumbles of tortilla chips. He is holding the chips under my chin and staring at me! I’m not kidding, he is not speaking just holding the plate of chips. So he finally says “Sweeeetttttcooooorrrnnn OK????” and I say “Yes, fine” (Hello they are tortilla chips! Who is allergic to tortilla chips and if you are I’m SO SORRY you are really missing out on a lifetime of chips and salsa).*
*Side Note 1- Some people say this to me after they figure out I’m allergic to peanuts and cannot have Snickers and Peanut Butter, but to me I don’t know what they taste like so its no big deal. Last week a partner (not specifying firms) who found out I was allergic to peanuts said “So, can you eat Peanut Butter?” To which I wanted to reply “Seriously, how did you get promoted?” - really? How can I be allergic to peanuts but not peanut butter. That is like being allergic to chickpeas but not hummus, does this make sense to anyone?!
Back to the waiter still holding the tiny plate under my chin - After I say “Yes” he just stands there, still holding the plate of tiny crumbs of tortilla chips so I finally say “Do you want me to try one?” and he smiles….ok, no problem. I pop one in my mouth and carry on my conversation. Well, he is STILL STANDING there. He waits until I chew and swallow the chip until he says “OK?” and again I reply “Yes” – SERIOUSLY DUDE? What did he think was going to happen if I ate the chip spontaneously combust? He seriously watched me eat it like I was an exhibit! It was terrible. Well, actually if he would follow me around and watch me eat all the time I would probably eat a lot less just by being so freaked out.
The rest of the night was fine, back to our flat to finish our grey goose – yummy!
Yoga class Saturday was interesting to say the least! The guy teaching was at least 60 years old, grey dreadlocks down his back and a beard to his chest teaches it. The weirdest part was during the class the dreadlock teacher would come around and pull the back of your shirt up (the lower back part) and rub this ointment on you, he does not ask or even tells you he is there, just slabs it on you! It smells like mentholadum and kinda makes a tingly feeling, but still I don’t some old dude rubbing stuff on my back when I’m trying to harness my chi! (totally joking about the chi).
Saturday night anniversary dinner was awesome. Sunday Burr and I went to the V&A museum and then brunch, and then I went to jazz class. Again 100 people in a room that fits maybe 50. Its like 90 degrees in there and we are all trying to dance to Britney – pretty funny. I really wish I could take a picture of the class just because its so “big city” People in this class seriously try out for dancing roles , there are auditions that take place in the lower ground of the building so they are dancing their hearts out – its awesome.
Today I have a case of the Mondays…..someone email me pleaseJ
Miss you
Anne
PS – When I say Miss you, even though I do miss everyone. I miss CLARE the most. I want to see Clare. I heard her laughing and crying on the phone yesterday but its not the same. Johnny sends a video from his iphone to me weekly which is awesome. Burr hates it though, because I’ll watch the 30 second video like 5 times and then start crying. So you can see how Burr is not a huge fan – haha! (But, my crying ratio has gone down ten fold since knowing Burr so he really has nothing to complain about. Guys out there – girls’ cry, at least normal ones. No, Dawn is not a normal one- luv ya!) Johnny/Meg – please send more! I miss my Clare Bear. Oh, Clare almost go an octopus bib this weekend, do you think she would rather have a ladybug, bunny, octopus, or pig? They are all quite cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment