Back to the Beginning

Back to the Beginning
San Fran 2011

Friday, September 18, 2009

Out and About

I think I’ve officially passed the “honeymoon” threshold with London. I am:
1. not speaking on the tubes b/c you are supposed to be silent or looking at anyone! *

*Side note 1 – This was proven very well on Monday (1 day before our 2 year wedding anniversary) Burr and I called each other at about 8pm and someone talked each other out of leaving the office and meeting at home for dinner – I was enticed by going to the new “tcby-like” place and if you read previous blog I was sorely disappointed. (shoud have stayed at work – Just kidding!) Anyway, Burr and I said we would meet at home. So I get on the tube, the Jubilee line, make my usual switch to the Picadailly line for another 2 stops. As I got on the train I did my usual – scope out the best spots to sit or stand and pick the one in the corner easy to read my metro or us weekly (if I have one). So I’ve been on the train for about 5 minutes, reading the comics or the fashion section when I look up and I realize the guy next to me looks just like Burr from behind, then his suit looks just like the one we bought Burr at xmas, and this guy is listening to his ipod –just like Burr….wait a minute, it is Burr!! He is literally 2 feet away from me and we did not even NOTICE each other! I tap him on the shoulder and I say “Did you see me!!!?” and he says “No, and I even walked in front of you a minute ago!” – hahahaha.)


2. Reading the Metro daily
3. wearing flats everywhere (tear, tear – LOVE my heels)
4. don’t even notice we don’t have air conditioning
5. think its totally normal to get groceries delivered at 10pm at night
6. can figure out the bus map (huge feat!) *

*Side note 2 – this does not mean I still don’t get lost, b/c I do get lost, usually on foot though. Then I just put my hand up and hail a cab. I think that is where my shopping budget goes to – cabs!

Thus far I know Burr and I are both really enjoying life in the big city. I love walking everywhere, don’t love the tubes but they do go quite quickly. (Look I said “Quite quickly?!” – who says that in the states, NO ONE! , I need to watch it when I was in the carolina’s I picked up a slight drawl (Esp. working with Kimberly and Alisha!!! Now a drawl with London terminology = not good)

Tonight Jessica Conilgio is in town (fellow EY’er from CLT, who I actually recruited¬!) She and Jessica Carvajal and I are going to Trader Vic’s – apparently its really popular so I’m excited for that. Saturday Burr and I have anniversary dinner, but Saturday afternoon I have a 2.5 hour yoga class I’m really pumped for. Sunday I’m going to jazz class with Jess. I really wish I could take a pic of this Jazz instructor she looks similar to “Jessie” from saved my the bell (hair style, but a little more red!)

Burr and I did get to watch GG last night, unfort there was not enough drama in it for me! Needs to step it up. And I heard that Biggest Loser is back on the air – yyyyeeessss. That is awesome, love that show.

OK I’m out.
AF

No comments:

Post a Comment