Back to the Beginning

Back to the Beginning
San Fran 2011

Monday, July 19, 2010

We cannot read....

Soooooo Burr and I thought we were getting smarter with age. Well we are NOT.


Let’s say, for example, you get an email with your plane arrangements saying you will leave on Friday. So therefore, you (may) perhaps get to your destination the following day (Saturday) if you are flying from the US to the UK. Burr and I have done this I don’t know how many times, probably 10 times over the last 15 months. We know how it works.


Anyway, we receive Batten’s itinerary and it says he leaves on July 19th. So obviously Burr and I got all ready for Batten to arrive today. We left the keys out, fresh sheets, towels, London books, umbrella, we have dinner all planned, etc. Etc. Then I’m emailing Batten expecting him to arrive about 12:15 in London and I say “Are you here?!!!” and his response


“What?”


Followed by another email “Tomorrow”


My reaction = pure confusion. You should have seen my face. Did his flight get delayed? Why is he coming tomorrow? Hmmmmm. I go back to the reservation. Yes, yes it says the 19th.
Wait a minute


He leaves Atlanta at 10pm on the 19th...that means!!!! Oh geez we are stupid. Yep he arrives tomorrow!!


You would think it was our first time dealing with a time change....oh and the wonderful world of time differences continues.
Love from 5 hours ahead

PS – After this occurred and I emailed Burr – it was made funnier with our 15 second converstation where he and said “Wow we are smart” I concurred with “yep” and we both hung up...haha.

PPS - Can't wait to see you Batten. We will do it all again tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment